Thursday, July 8, 2010

Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Golden Garlic, Tomatoes, and Sage

Ok....let's see if I remember how to do this.

Hello my friends and random people who found me online! It is me...Corinne, remember? It has been waaaay too long but I am back thanks to my friend Heather Dratler and her suggestion that I start again I am here.

So let's get right in! I found this great recipe from Vegetarian Times and tried it the other night for a quick easy meal...it was amazing! A must try for a night when you get home and are too tired to cook but want LOTS of food!



Ingredients:

1/2 lb. whole-wheat spaghetti
3 Tbs. olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, peeled, halved, and sliced (3 Tbs.)
1 1/2 lb. ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped (6 cups)
3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
2 Tbs. fresh chopped sage, plus more leaves for garnish
2 Tbs. chopped kalamata olives

Directions

  • Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water 10 to 11 minutes, or until al dente.
  • Heat oil and garlic in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until garlic is browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, sage, and olives, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
  • Drain spaghetti, and return to pot. Add sauce, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Divide among 6 serving bowls, and garnish with sage leaves.

Nutritional Information per serving:

Calories: 258, Protein: 9g, Total Fat: 9g, Carbs: 40g, Sugar: 5g, Fiber: 8g

Be on the lookout for more posts....they will be coming your way soon, if I don't melt in this New York heat :)

2 comments:

Bridget said...

This looks so good!!! It has all of my all time favorites in it too!!!!!!!!

Billy said...

I love it..Thanks for this recipes...