Monday, February 18, 2008

40 Calorie Noodles?

I was as skeptical as the next person when I heard about a package of noodles where the whole 8 ounce package was only 40 calories with 4 grams of fiber in all. I decided to go down to my local Korean market and try them out. I was please to see the package was only $1.50 so I knew even if this mysterious noodle turned out to be horrible I had wasted less than what I spend on a cup of coffee.

They come in a watery substance that made me a little nervous but I drained and rinsed then microwaved them for one minute and prepared myself. That whole minute in the microwave was a little nerve racking. I was wondering if I had just stumbled onto the best noodle ever and if I had why had I never heard of this before?

The noodles are done......I get out my yummy store bought pasta sauce and prepare for a journey into the unknown. The first bite came with some hesitation but after that first bite I was hooked!!!

These noodles tasted no different than any wheat based noodle I had ever eaten. Though yes they might have tasted a little different if you had eaten them without anything on them (which I tried and would not recommend) but I was shocked.

The noodles are made out of tofu which is why they only have 3 grams of carbs and 0.5 grams of fat. There is even a little protein in there but 1 gram is not that great. For $1.50 I found a new amazing discovery. I didn't feel guilty for eating the whole package because it was only 40 calories total! I would recommend checking out their website for a little more information and possibly to purchase if you don't have any Asian markets around. The shipping is a little much because they have to stay refrigerated but if you love pastas, soups, or even salads with a noodles but hate how high in calories they can be I would highly suggest taking a look.

The next time you are in the mood for pasta you should try these noodles with your favorite store-bought pasta sauce and lots of veggies. I love sautéing zucchini, asparagus, and mushrooms in a little olive oil with some garlic then adding the sauce in to heat it up. You will have an amazing meal with these new noodles for fewer than 150 calories!

If you have tried these noodles as well let me know what you think!

For more information about these amazing tofu noodles go to:
http://hlc.merchantcart.net/mainshopping.cfm?icg_id=82&Show=PURCHASE

No comments: