8 dried Chinese black mushrooms
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. canola oil
1 lb. baby bok choy (about 4 bunches), halved
1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
1 tsp. sugar
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- Combine mushrooms and broth in pot, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and soak 30 minutes to soften. Drain, reserving soaking liquid. Add soy sauce to soaking liquid, and set aside.
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. Cut caps into 1/4-inch slices.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bok choy, cut side down, and cook 1 minute.
- Add reserved mushroom liquid, mushrooms, garlic and sugar, and cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Sprinkle bell pepper on top, and cook 5 minutes more, or until bok choy and peppers are tender.
- Remove lid, increase heat to high, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until all liquid has evaporated. Serve hot.
Calories: 166, Protein:6g, Total fat: 8g, Carbs: 24g, Sodium: 432mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 8g
With only 166 calories this meal is satisfying without all of the calories. It only took me about 15 minutes to cook it after the 30 minutes of soaking. You can use that 30 minutes to do something nice for yourself....maybe a nice relaxing bubble bath, or enjoying your favorite sitcom! I enjoy those little moments to myself because they are very rare and far between! So grab your fork and dig in!