Friday, August 15, 2008

Veggie-Friendly Asian Lettuce Wraps

I am sorry I have been away for so long! Since my last post I have found a job and apartment in New York!! I will be working at a small PR firm in the city and living in lovely Brooklyn. I am moving on Thursday and right now my life is all in boxes, which can be frustrating when all you want is a sauté pan to try a new recipe :)

This recipe, along with the others on the page, are a great simple and tasty summer treat. Easy to make and eat these will go fast at any party!

I am sorry I haven't posted more but these next couple weeks will be a little busy so I will try to keep you posted on my life and great recipes! 


Ingredients:
2 Servings

6 medium iceberg lettuce leaves (or leaves from another round, firm head of lettuce)
6 oz. (about 1 3/4 cups) ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the ones by Boca or Morningstar Farms), defrosted if previously frozen
1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped
1 cup bean sprouts
3/4 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped scallions
2 tbsp. light/low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. dark brown sugar (not packed)
2 tsp. chili garlic sauce (found in the Asian foods aisle)
1/2 tsp. sesame oil

Directions:
  • To prepare sauce, combine soy sauce, sugar, chili garlic sauce and oil in a small dish. Mix well and set aside.
  • Bring a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Place all ingredients except for the scallions and lettuce leaves into the pot. Add the sauce, and stir. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
  • Add scallions, cook for 1 minute more, and remove from heat.
  • Divide mixture evenly among the 6 lettuce "cups" and enjoy 'em wrap-style (fold 'n chew!).
PER SERVING (3 wraps): 220 calories, 3.5g fat, 971mg sodium, 30g carbs, 8g fiber, 10g sugars, 21g protein

1 comment:

Kimi said...

Corinne, sounds like things are pretty hectic, but congrats on the job and move. Glad you are cookin and postin again, I love what you post. These wraps will definately be a go!
Hey, email when you can so I can give you the info on joining foodbuzz, I think you would like it.
gardengalkim@gmail.com.
they have been doing alot of fun stuff lately.
Good luck!
Kim