Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stir-fry Mu Shu Vegetables Wraps

Hello there my lovely blog readers. I am sorry I haven't been around much lately but I have been enjoying a wonderful vacation in San Diego visiting my family. I went for a great 20 mile bike ride yesterday with my dad in the beautiful Coronado. After the ride (and relaxing a little bit) I decided to try out a new recipe that I found on www.Shape.com. I love their magazine and I didn't realize they had so many amazing recipes online!

Well after Alexis and I did some major grocery shopping I made these amazing wraps and they hit the spot! They weren't too heavy but filled us up. There was a lot of ingredients that went into it but they all added a different element that was very needed! I would highly suggest these tasty wraps!


Ingredients
4 dried black Chinese mushrooms or dried shiitake mushrooms
1/3 cup fat-free vegetable broth
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 bag of morning star chik'n strips
4 cups shredded green cabbage or packaged cole slaw mix
1 carrot, cut into matchstick-size pieces
1 small zucchini, cut into matchstick-size pieces
2 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
8 6-inch whole-wheat or spinach tortillas
1/4 cup hoisin sauce

Directions
  • Soak dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup of warm water for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve mushroom liquid. Remove and discard any stems and thinly slice caps.
  • Whisk together broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch; set aside.
  • Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add minced garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add "chicken" and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until no longer pink. Add cabbage, carrot, zucchini, green onions, reserved mushrooms and mushroom liquid and stir-fry for 1 minute, until cabbage wilts. Add cornstarch mixture and simmer 1 minute, until liquid thickens. Remove from heat.
  • Wrap tortillas in plastic and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of hoisin sauce on each tortilla. Add chicken and vegetable mixture and roll up.
Nutrition Score per serving:
390 calories, 1.02 g calcium, 46 g carbs (50%), 7 g fat (14%), 21 g fiber, 35 g protein (36%), 922 mg sodium

And....just for fun I thought I would share a picture of my adorable niece enjoying her homemade cupcakes for her third birthday!

No comments: