Thursday, July 3, 2008

Southwestern Tofu Scramble

I am sorry I haven't been updating as much as I should be. Looking for a job and getting ready to move is more stressful than I thought it would be. Although I have had some time to cook. I tried out this recipe and loved it. After a long night the next morning I was really hungry and I made my self this huge breakfast and it was extremely filling! Also, if you have some leftover it tastes great in a wrap or sandwich! What is your favorite breakfast item?


Ingredient list:
Serves 6
1 medium red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
1 small carrot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
4 green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
1 14-oz. pkg. medium tofu, drained and crumbled
1/2 tsp. hot sauce
2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
salsa, for garnish
Directions
  • Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and carrot, and cook 7 minutes, or until just tender.
  • Stir in green onions, garlic, cumin and turmeric, and cook 1 minute more.
  • Add tofu and hot sauce, and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through and all liquid has cooked off. Stir in cilantro, and serve with salsa.

Nutritional Information
Per Serving: Calories 113, Protein 11g, Total fat 6g, Carbs 6g, Sodium 32mg, Fiber 3g, Sugars 2g

No comments: