Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Guilt-free Oreo Pie

I think it is time to post another dessert on here. Seeing as sweets are my favorite foods I don't think I can ever post too many! I went out to eat the other night and saw someone get an amazing looking Oreo dessert and because cookies (especially Oreo's) are my favorite I got a craving for something similar without 500 calories a slice! I started searching around online and found this recipe. I was a little daunted at first but it turned out to not be as difficult as I thought. It definitely exceeded my expectations and killed any cravings I had for cookies! There is no way the cookie lover in your life won't love this pie!



Ingredients:
Serves 8
4 packs 100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps
3 cups light vanilla soymilk
1/2 a small (4-serving) pkg. JELL-O Sugar Free Fat Free Cook & Serve pudding mix; Vanilla
1 envelope unflavored Knox Gelatin (I know that a lot of vegetarians don't eat gelatin but I just try to not think about what it is made out of. If you don't use gelatin I am sorry but I don't know of any replacements)
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Free
2 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup

Directions:
  • Stir pudding mix into soymilk in a medium-large saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil. In a large mixing bowl, combine soymilk mixture with gelatin and whisk continuously for at least 5 minutes (until gelatin is completely dissolved).
  • Place dish in the fridge for about 45 - 60 minutes, until chilled and partially set. Meanwhile, take 1 and 1/2 packs of the cookies and process in a blender or food processor until reduced to fine crumbs (or place them in a sealable plastic bag and crush through the bag with a rolling pin; less clean up!).
  • Place crumbs in a 9" pie dish, and use your hands to spread crumbs along the bottom to cover. Take remaining 1/2 pack of cookies along with 3rd pack and break into pieces; set aside. Once mixture in fridge is ready, stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip (a wire whisk works wonders) until thoroughly mixed.
  • Next gently stir cookie pieces into the mix. Carefully pour mixture into pie dish and spread evenly on top of crumbs. Return to fridge until set (3 hours or overnight).
  • Once ready to serve, break 4th pack of cookies into small pieces. Spread 1/2 cup Cool Whip over pie and sprinkle cookie pieces on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and prepare to get cookies 'n cream crazy!
Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 115 Fat: 1.75g Sodium: 175mg Carbs: 20.5g Fiber: 0.5g Sugars: 8.5g Protein: 3.75g
Now I can combine my two loves, cookies and pie! This pie made the gross weather outside not as bad!

No comments: