I love dessert but hate how calorie filled it can be! I was craving a sweet cherry taste and my normal Sugar Free Jell-O fix wasn't working this time. I needed something fruity and gooey which is where this amazing Topless Cherry Pie comes into play! It is really low in calories and has lots of fiber (which is becoming more and more important, according to the media anyways). Fiber is a great tool to avoiding that horrible irregularity that can lead to a major build up and could cause colon cancer, but with this great pie and maybe a bowl a day of Fiber One cereal you can easily avoid that! Get ready to blow your friends and family away with this great pie at your next get together!
2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (a personal favorite of mine!)
3 tbsp. light whipped butter
2 tbsp. Egg Beaters, Original
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 20-oz. canned no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
8 servings (16 tbsp.) Fat Free Reddi-whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Melt butter in the microwave for 20 seconds and combine with crumbs, Egg Beaters and stir until well mixed.
- In an oven-safe pie dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, evenly distribute mixture using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crust. Press it into the edges and up along the sides of the dish. Bake crust in oven for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- In a medium-sized nonstick pot, combine cornstarch with cherry filling. Heat stove top at medium heat, stirring often. Once cherry mixture begins to bubble, lower heat and continue to stir for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Evenly spoon cherry mixture into pie crust and allow pie to cool and set in fridge for several hours before cutting and serving. Before serving, top each slice with a dollop of fat-free whipped topping.
Serving Size 1/8th of the pie
Calories: 90, Fat: 2.5g, Sodium: 105mg, Carbs: 21.5g, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 1.5g
Now go and try it and report back! I know you will love this amazingly low calorie pie especially if you are a big cherry fan!
Grab your fork and dig in and if you eat more than one piece don't worry because it's only 720 calories for the WHOLE pie, but please try to not eat that much in one sitting or you could feel it later!