Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Barbecued Tofu Sandwich

School has been busy and I apologize for not updating as often as I should be. As for what I have been eating ately I decided to try out this this sandwich which I found to be fast easy and delicious! Barbecue sauce is my guilty pleasure! I can literally put it on anything! If something tastes even slightly bland I don't reach for salt like most people I ask for the barbecue sauce, so as you can tell this sandwich is only as good as the sauce you choose! I am a big fan of KC Masterpiece classic BBQ sauce. It only has 10 calories so you don't have to feel bad when you pour it all over everything!! Enjoy your sandwiches and let me know what you think!!
Ingredients:
Serves 4

1 (14 OZ) Package Firm Tofu, drained and cut into 8 ½” slices
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
4 (2 Oz) Hamburger Buns

Directions:

  • Place tofu on several pieces of paper towels. Cover with more towels and let stand for 1 hour. Sprinkle with salt. Place flour into a bowl. Coat tofu slices with the flour.
  • Heat oil in a pan, Add the tofu. Brush each slice with barbecue sauce. Cook 2 minutes. Turn over and coat with more barbecue sauce.
  • Cook 3 minutes or until done. Place 2 slices on a bun and serve.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving; Calories 332; Fat 10 g; Protein 155 g; Carbs 46.3 g;Fiber 3.4 g; Iron 8.2 mg; Sodium 907 mg;

No comments: