Friday, April 10, 2009

Acai Sorbet

For all of my vegan peeps out there I have a great spring time dessert that you must try! This sorbet is very easy to make. The hardest part is finding the ingredients although I found everything I needed at my trusty Whole Foods. There is a limited amount of work that is needed so I am going to keep my post short and sweet :)

Although if you would like some more information on Acai berries and how they are taking over the news lately feel free to learn more about this crazy new trend!


Ingredients:
Serves 8
4 pure acai pulp smoothie packs (4 oz. each), thawed
3/4 cup agave nectar
2 Tbs. lemon juice
Directions:
  • Whisk together all ingredients in bowl. Transfer to 9-inch-square metal baking pan, and place in freezer. Stir with fork every half hour, scraping frozen bits from sides, to keep from freezing into a block. Scoop into bowls, and serve, or store in airtight container up to 1 week.
Nutritional Information
Per Serving:
Calories 132, Protein 1g, Total fat 2.5g, Saturated fat 0.5g, Carbs 27g, Sodium 5mg, Fiber 2g, Sugars 24g

No comments: