Monday, April 6, 2009

Mango-Wrapped Bananas

It has been toooo long my friends! I can't believe I haven't posted since August. That is what happens when you move to a new city with a new job and have to get situated I guess. Anywhos I promise that won't happen again!

A little update on me: I am now working at a PR firm that specializes in books. I am living in Brooklyn and loving the city! Work is a little stressful and can be daunting but everyday is a new challenge and I welcome it with open arms. How have all of you been? Anything exciting to report?

Now about this recipe! It is from my favorite website Vegetarian Times and oh my goodness is it tasty! They call it a sushi dessert but I call it perfect! I love mangoes and raspberries and when they combine...perfect! Try it and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

Serves 4

1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 Tbs. fresh orange juice
2 Tbs. honey
1 large mango, peeled
3 bananas, peeled
1/2 cup fresh raspberries


Directions
  • Whisk together yogurt, orange juice, and honey in small bowl. Set aside.
  • Cut mango from top to base into 16 4½- x 1-inch strips using vegetable peeler. Cut bananas into 16 1-inch pieces. Wrap 1 mango strip around each banana piece. Arrange on plates cut-side up.
  • Mash raspberries in separate bowl until slightly liquid, but still chunky. Spoon mashed raspberries atop center of each mango-wrapped banana piece. Serve with yogurt sauce.

Nutritional Information:

Per Serving:
Calories 169, Protein 3g, Total fat 1g, Saturated fat 0.5g, Carbs 42g, Sodium 17mg, Fiber 4g, Sugars 30g

No comments: